I want to write and tell stories.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Loved It

My wife and I watched Hot Fuzz the other night. It's one I've been waiting for as well.

Loved it, had us both laughing from very early on, definitely put off the sleep to catch that one. Well worth it if you like the dry British sense of humour and can Simon Pegg act?! Loved his T2 type persona. Hilarious. I had read reviews where they thought the third act went on too long but I thought it was a great send up at a good length. Each to his own.

On a personal note I have actually just spent two weeks at home working. Wow what an experience! I'll have to do it again soon, back on the road next week but not for too long. Going to book in a writing weekend for myself, I need to if I want to get my main one back on track asap.

Maryan over at Fencing with the Fog is treading water waiting for the Nicholls letter. Hope she makes it, here's something for good luck. Your own Nicol (mc)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Back to the Aquawoman shoot Maryan!! :)


Just been playing with a camcorder to DVD convertor I purchased a few months back. Found this grab from a wedding my family and I attended back in 2001 up in Palm Cove in northern Queensland.

The wedding was over and my daughter (2 and a half at the time) who was flowergirl wanted to go for a walk on the beach. Mum was Matron of honour so Dad was lucky enough to be the one chosen. It is my favourite piece of footage of my daughter and I. Unfortunately, in the conversion from the camcorder to AVI the quality has taken a dive but you'll get the idea.

The thing I love about it is the differences. Me. Smart casual dress(it was beachside wedding so nice and casual and tropical summer, 38 degress and 120% humidity that day I reckon!) black shoes.

Her, special flower girl dress on, flowers in hair, shoes off. Exploring the beach, finding sticks and rocks fascinating as it is all new to her. Life is exciting, I was only allowed to point things out, she wanted to run and grab them all. It is just one of those moments in life that you do treasure. Thought it would be fun to share through the magical powers of youtube. Forgive the shaky cam work, I didn't second someone from NYPD Blue, my brother in law actually just spotted us and took the opportunity to film us, unbeknownst to me until I saw the footage later. I was very thankful he shot it.



Stay well everyone.

cheers
Dave.
PS I think my favourite part of blogging nowadays is putting the tags in.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:37 am, Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Precious video! U-B-E-R precious. And, thanks for the well wishes.

 
At 10:42 am, Blogger Grubber said...

Thank you Maryan and it is always fun to have a reason to pull photos of eighties starlets :)
cheers
Dave

 
At 11:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy, one of my first and earliest fantasy chicks (along with Justine Bateman) ha, I just dated myself didn't I?

 
At 3:10 am, Blogger Lord Writington said...

Hey! I just got my very own Nicholl (letter) AND no. Not this time. I got two other rejection letters in the last week, as well.
Hot sauce!

 
At 10:24 am, Blogger Grubber said...

Sorry to hear that m'lord. (being part of the commonwealth, it is in our gene's to be polite to one's ruling class before ignoring and heaping shit on them :) )

Better lucketh nexest yearest. Lucky I can speak ye olde pommie talk :)

Even though you live in the US I am sure you will be able to interpret.

Keep trying m'lord, someone has to win, who knows what next years readers will be looking for. Best of luck!
cheers
Dave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter