I want to write and tell stories.

Friday, June 08, 2007

Bad week....

Two people I love very much.

66 and 67 years of age.

Finally settling into retirement. New house, etc.

46 years of marriage.

All blew apart this week. HUGE backstory.

No-ones fault. Both parties faults. Two people, one sad story.

Old enough to understand they why's etc. but listening to both your parents in emotional pain breaks your heart and drains more energy than I realised.

Going to be a long year.

cheers
Dave.
PS On top of all that my daughter has discovered the Olsen Twin movies...AND she loves to watch them with Dad. I just imagine I've been captured by jihady types and my eyelids are held open with roughly cut wire whilst strapped to the chair. So far I haven't given over any info,but I may crack if there is a long weekend and my daughter wants to have an Olsen twin movie marathon.

4 Comments:

At 12:44 am, Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Dear God, how devastating for you and tragic for the quiet, finally-time-to-enjoy-each-other ending that could have been after all the long, hard, years invested in the relationship and family.

I could cry. My best to you and to them. May you all find peace and resolution.

 
At 12:52 am, Blogger Grubber said...

Thanks Maryan. Just very sad situation. Next good job is to tell my daughter who is the only grandchild old enough to have to be told.

That's a fun job for tomorrow we're planning.

Parents are just so irresponsible sometimes :).
cheers
Dave

 
At 3:21 am, Blogger Fun Joel said...

Good luck dealing with it all, brother. And keep your chin up.

 
At 5:10 pm, Blogger Grubber said...

Thanks Joel,
Things are looking up since I wrote that. Apologies for delay, been all round the place. Parents back together and working on it os fingers crossed they can get through it. Who knows. :) Parents, what can we do with them :)
cheers
Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter